Step Repair at Baltimore City Public Schools HeadquartersWednesday, June 4th, 2014
P. Flanigan & Sons recently completed another successful project for the Baltimore City Public School System, this one, at their North Avenue Administrative Headquarters Building.
The project consisted of removing and replacing the existing deteriorated concrete steps, landings, and handrails directly in front of the building’s main entrance. Because of the high volume of pedestrian traffic in and out of the building, the project was completed in two phases in order to maintain the normal flow of traffic.
The steps that Flanigan removed were believed to be over fifty years old. This building and property served as the main campus for Baltimore Polytechnic Institute after its relocation from the now-vanished Courtland Street in 1913. The building continued to house the school until 1967, when it moved to its current location at West Cold Spring Lane and Falls Road.